Background and releaseEdit
On 20 November, a Twitter account with the username "@visiteroda" began a marketing campaign in which they promoted the island of Eroda, setting up a website, posting photos, and answering questions from fellow Twitter users. The island was soon proven to not exist. On 2 December, Styles announced that a new single, "Adore You", would be released on 6 December, with Eroda, "adore" backwards, being the main focus of the music video.
Styles announced the release date of the song on his social media accounts on December 2, 2019. An accompanying trailer was also released on the same day. 
The track’s release was also assisted with by further cryptic, strategically planned marketing, advertising the fake location that the track’s video takes place in. On November 25, 2019, fans started noticing sponsored posts by a campaign on social media, specifically being targeted to them, of a fictitious island named ‘Eroda’.
Posters, an advertising method not unfamiliar to Harry, for Eroda were also spotted in New York. Interestingly, the cryptic image posted by Harry also features fishes that resemble the logo of Eroda.
Music and composition Edit
Harry Styles, during his December 2019 interview with ENTERCOM:
“It’s about that initial infatuation stage when you get that heavy feeling of just bliss, like a blissful, very joyous connection with someone. We wrote this in a day, we just had so much fun making it. They’re usually the ones that end up kind of working the best, the ones where everyone’s having fun making it […] they kind of just write themselves. It was definitely a good experience, making this song, very excited to have it out.”
- Although Harry announced that the album would have no collaborations, Rosalia lent her voice to read the story of Eroda, so it is believed that there will be a collaboration between them.
- ↑ https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/artists/inside-eroda-fictional-harry-styles-island-baffled-internet/
- ↑ https://www.idolator.com/7903744/harry-styles-announces-new-single-adore-you
- ↑ twitter.com - Adore You release
- ↑ cosmopolitan.com - Island of Eroda
- ↑ twitter.com - Sponsored posts
- ↑ visiteroda.com - Eroda website
- ↑ mtv.com - Eroda Posters
- ↑ facebook.com - Eroda promotion
- ↑ https://youtu.be/TggVF2YixAs?t=71